Benjamin Anseaume is a video game developer and CEO of TA Publishing, a subsidiary of Forever Entertainment. He is a staff member for the upcoming 2021 rail shooter The House of the Dead: Remake.
A native of Brittany, France, Anseaume obtained a degree in Communication and Networking at University of Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée, before going on to receive a license in Project Management from Cergy-Pontoise University and another degree from the Academy of Rouen, this time in Computer Science.
For a decade, Anseaume worked as a developer, game producer, and project manager for several indie game studios, before assuming the position as a Consultant for the Normandy Regional Chamber of Commerce. In 2010, he founded the game company Sushee, a small operation consisting of 15 developers. He managed Sushee until, in November 2018, it shut down after the commercial failure of their games Fear Effect Sedna and Goetia. Forever Entertainment, which financed Fear Effect Sedna, collaborated with Anseaume in mid-2018 to launch a new company, TA Publishing, with ownership divided between the two.
The House of the Dead remakes
On September 29th, 2019, it was revealed that The House of the Dead and The House of the Dead 2 were receiving remakes, with Forever Entertainment and MegaPixel Studio behind the development. Forever Entertainment later confirmed on Twitter that they signed an agreement to remake both games. Since then, Anseaume has been interviewed to discuss the games' development. Anseaume revealed in an interview with Sega Lounge that the news for the remakes were leaked, and that Forever Entertainment was looking to withhold further information until they had marketing material to show.
Anseaume's LinkedIn profile indicates that he will be the producer for the House of the Dead remakes, the first game with the title House of the Dead HD. However, this conflicts with information given by Forever Entertainment, whose website states that the remake will be called The House of the Dead: Remake.
- "TA Publishing website". TA Publishing. “TA Publishing is a subsidiary company of Polish game developer Forever Entertainment.”
- "Benjamin Anseaume's LinkedIn profile" (English). Retrieved on July 21, 2020.
- "Un an après Sushee, Benjamin Anseaume toujours dans le game" (French). Le Télégramme (January 29, 2020).
- Michał Król (September 25th, 2019). "Polacy stworzą remake dwóch części The House of the Dead" (Polish). Gramposolita.pl. “The House of the Dead: Remake i The House of the Dead 2: Remake będą mieć nową, dostosowaną do współczesnych standardów grafikę oraz lekko zmodyfikowaną rozgrywkę, ale w pełni zachowają oryginalny scenariusz. Spółka zapowiedziała, że materiały z pierwszej z gier zostaną zaprezentowane w najbliższych miesiącach.”
- Forever Entertainment [@ForeverEntert] (October 3, 2020). Forever Entertainment on Twitter: "Hi Guys! We confirm the signing of the agreement regarding remakes of the games "The House of the Dead" and "The House of the Dead 2". No platforms or release dates have been confirmed, and unfortunately we can’t say anything more for now. Please keep fingers crossed for us and.." / Twitter. Twitter. Archived from the original on February 10, 2020.
- "106 - Benjamin Anseaume from Forever Entertainment" (English). The SEGA Lounge (March 19, 2020). Retrieved on July 21, 2020.
- Premier Schedule 2020 (English). Forever Entertainment. Retrieved on September 11th, 2020.