The future belongs to the people who are alive here and now. I'm prepared to live the rest of my life bearing the burden of my father's crime.Daniel to Lisa Rogan before confronting the Wheel of Fate.[src]
Daniel Curien (ダニエル・キュリアン Danieru Kyurian ) is the son of Dr. Roy Curien. His childhood terminal illness triggered his father's macabre human genome experiments and descent into insanity. Now an adult and cured of his illness, Daniel disavows the atrocities committed by his father and has protected those who have been endangered.
Living with his father in a mansion, Daniel became terminally-ill. To save his son's life, Curien researched breaking the barriers between life and death. Businessman Caleb Goldman funded the project, but Curien eventually went mad and released his creations upon staff members. He died at the hands of his "masterpiece", the Magician. Daniel, however, was cured.
After his death, Curien's body underwent a transformative process, becoming a powerful entity called the Wheel of Fate; for nineteen years, Daniel oversaw this development within the EFI Research Facility.
By 2019, civilization had collapsed following a pair of outbreaks caused by Goldman in 2000 and 2003. To find the source of humanity's downfall, AMS agent Thomas Rogan led a group of military commandos into the facility. Eventually the only survivors, Rogan and captain Dan Taylor discovered where the Wheel of Fate was held, but Death, one of Curien's creations, killed Dan and injured Rogan. Daniel appeared and rescued Rogan.
When Rogan's daughter Lisa Rogan and former partner "G" investigated two weeks later, they eventually met Daniel while reuniting with Rogan. Willing to bear the burden of his father's crimes, Daniel teamed with Lisa against the Wheel of Fate. Although the humanoid pleaded for mercy, Daniel angrily refused to recognize it as his father and mercilessly killed him.
Feeling that he has finally moved on in his life, Daniel bid his father farewell, but vowed to return to the EFI Research Facility should humanity be threatened again.
In flashbacks, during which Daniel is bedridden and in a comatose state, he wears light-green pajamas.
As an adult, Daniel appears with blue eyes and short brown hair, which has half fringes on the left. He wears glasses like Curien, and is seen in a formal brown suit jacket, a gray long sleeve undershirt, and black pants and shoes.
In the "bad" ending of The House of the Dead III, he becomes a pale-skinned and monstrous-looking zombie.
- Daniel's ultimate fate at the end of the game depends on the player's progress throughout the game:
- If one or both players get any rank below an A or S, the normal and best endings will be shown depicting Daniel showing no adverse effects of his life with his father and follows Lisa in leaving the area (with or without the jeep Lisa and G drove in with, depending on the ending).
- Ironically, if one or both players gets an A or S rank, Daniel would stop moving and show little will to go on, prompting Lisa to witness him becoming a zombie and attack her, possibly due to the adverse effects of Curien's "cure" to his illness.
- Kevin Miller, Daniel's voice actor, also voices Sly Cooper from the titular platform stealth video game franchise.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kevin Miller's IMDB page
- ↑ The House of the Dead III Famitsu Perfect Guide, pg. 53
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named