A security guard!? You gotta be kidding!Lisa Rogan[src]
Type-0011, codenamed "Death" (デス Desu ), was a mutant juggernaut dressed as a security guard. He is the first boss in The House of the Dead III, being encountered in both the second chapter and one of the next three chapters (depending on the player's choice).
- Main article: The House of the Dead III
Two weeks later, Rogan's daughter Lisa and former partner G investigate Rogan's disappearance. Death bursts from the ground and chases them either through the front entrance or parking garage (the route is determined by the player). Lisa and G fend him off and escape.
Later, in the Information Systems Department, Lisa accidentally triggers an alarm, alerting Death. A chase ensues through a number of lengthy corridors. The agents continue to damage Death several times in the level before escaping from him, gradually losing the giant as they run into separate rooms.
Death finds them again and resumes attacking, but the pair manage to escape yet again as they continue deeper into the building. However, the boss eventually finds them and traps them in a long corridor, preparing to finish them off once and for all. After enough headshots, Death collapses and dies.
Death is a hulking, brawny pale-skinned creature in a security guard uniform. His upper body is wrapped in chains. His skull-studded club and most of his body are immune to gunfire; only his head is vulnerable. However, it can be obstructed by Death's club and parts of the environment.
Death is a brutish, persistent boss whose fights consist of stalking the player(s) through different environments. While his speed remains unparalleled when compared to the other bosses and can prove to be a challenge when running away from or alongside him during battle, Death often leaves his weak point vulnerable enough where player(s) can shoot at him easily.
Death is fought twice throughout the game: at the beginning of Chapter 1 as Lisa and G enter the EFI Research Facility, and again in Information Systems.
- As Lisa and G walk towards the Research Facility, a loud rumble from behind startles them. Upon turning around, Death angrily bursts from the ground and confronts the player(s). He will begin chasing the player(s) toward the facility, successfully getting closer and closer if the player(s) do not accurately shoot his head. Bringing him down to 3/4 health will force the player to confront hordes of creatures that must be killed in order to proceed.
- Death will begin to pursue the players again, where they must bring him down to 1/2 health in order to for him to stop and lurk behind. This gives Lisa and G time to walk up the stairs to the facility to kill more creatures.
- Death will suddenly crash through a nearby window and chase the player(s) again. The player(s) must be quick this time, as they are given little space and time to shoot him. Bringing him down to 1/4 will cause the creature to pause momentarily, the muscle of his face now completely revealed, ending the third phase.
- Lisa and G run to the opposite side of the room, where once they turn around will be waiting to pursue them again. He will run after the player(s) at full speed. Shooting his head as quickly as possible will ensure his health bar will completely deplete. Once this is done, Death will continue running after Lisa and G, who close an emergency door behind them before he can attack. The two agents leave an enraged Death banging on the door.
Information Systems Department
- Death will begin hunting after the players down a small corridor. This phase eventually branches out into multiple locations that Death well persevere through to hunt after the player(s). During this portion, the player(s) must continue to home in on his weak point while also shooting down groups of creatures that appear all over the facility. The format of this phase is very similar to the Chapter 1 boss fight, and remembered tactics utilized to defeat him in the first run will be beneficial to the player(s).
- This phase begins when Death begins concealing himself behind rows of walls to temporarily block his weak point. This section of the fight tests both accuracy of the player(s) aim and ammo conservation, and if both are not monitored carefully, can easily result in Death delivering a successful attack. Player(s) must only hit him when he is visible in order for this method of attack sooner and ensure he doesn't make it to the end of the rows.
- Death will begin chasing the player(s) down various halls and tight spaces again. This phase of the fight rests entirely on the hands of the player(s). The key here is to hit him as soon and accurately as possible, and Death's pace will continue to quicken the greater his health depletes. During the final sequence, the player(s) will head down the end of a corridor towards a yellow door, and it is here he must be successfully shot in order for him to be defeated.
- The creature's way of charging at the player(s), how he crashes through walls, and the dying actions (spins around lightly then collapses) are similar to the boss Strength in the second game and the bosses Justice and Empress in the fourth game. Their heads also serve as their weak points, except Justice which is more specific, the tongue.
- Death's head changes quite frequently throughout the battle. Upon the first few shots to his weak point, (the head), his hat will fall off. If his head is further damaged, it begins to turn orange/red, presumably with blood.
- Just like Chariot, Hangedman, Judgement, Hierophant, and Tower, Death is a boss that is fought twice.
- Death appears in the Graveyard Gig track in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed admiring a painting on the second lap, shortly before the room with The Lovers.
- Brutus from Treyarch's zombie map "Mob of the Dead" is somewhat similar to Death. They are both members of security, attack the protagonists with a club, are covered in chains and grey rotting skin, don't stop pursuing the characters until they drop dead and have their head as a weak point.
- Death was seen on the front cover, behind the crowd. He also appears on the cover of Typing of The Dead, behind the zombies.