Death (Type 0011) is a large brutish zombie which served as the one-man security force of the abandoned DBR Corporation-owned EFI Facility featured in The House of the Dead III. Depending on which path you take, Sun, Fool, and Death will all appear as bosses, but in different orders. Death is a huge mutant that wields a club made from human skulls. He wears a security guard's hat and coat and is tasked with the job of defending the building's key areas.
Death is first seen at the end of the prologue, where he uses his club to kill ( at least knock out) Dan and severely injure Rogan. The beast is seen properly in the first main level (after the prologue), where he climbs out of the ground and chases Lisa Rogan and G into the main building whilst trying to smash them with his weapon. They manage to fend him off by continuously shooting him in the head, eventually injuring him enough to give them time to escape. The pair dive into a lift just before Type 0011 can reach them and quickly travel to a different floor.
The club-wielding juggernaut returns later on as Lisa and G enter the West Wing. Lisa accidentally triggers an alarm and alerts Death, who pursues them once again through a number of lengthy corridors. The agents hurt Death several times in the level before escaping from him, gradually losing the boss as they run into separate rooms. Death finds them again and resumes attacking, but the pair manage to escape yet again as they continue deeper into the building. However, the boss eventually finds them and traps them in a long corridor, preparing to finish them off once and for all. After Lisa and G fire their last shots into his skull, Type 0011 finally dies of his injuries and collapses, never to rise again.
Lisa:When a lady says no she means it!
- The creature's way of charging at the player(s), how he crashes through walls, and the dying actions (spins around lightly then collapses) are similar to the boss Strength in the second game and the boss Justice in the fourth game. Their heads also serve as their weak points.
- Death's head changes quite frequently throughout the battle. Upon the first few shots to his weak point, (the head), his hat will fall off. If his head is further damaged, it begins to turn orange/red, presumably with blood.
- Death is the only boss in The House of the Dead III to be fought twice.
- Despite the immense health of the series' final bosses, Death is perhaps the hardest to kill. He chases Lisa and G through two levels, takes possibly hundreds of shotgun rounds to the head, and is still able to persue them with little problem.
- Death appears in the Graveyard Gig track in Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed admiring a painting on the second lap, shortly before the room with The Lovers.
- Brutus from Treyarch's zombie map "Mob of the Dead" is somewhat similar to Death. They are both members of security, attack the protagonists with a club, are covered in chains and grey rotting skin, don't stop persuing the characters until they drop dead and have their head as a weakpoint.
- Death was seen on the front cover, behind the crowd.