What is this place... some sort of feeding ground?G observing the human corpses in Fool's cage.[src]
Encountered in the EFI Genome Ward (or DBR Institute, again determined by the paths taken by the player), Fool lives in a cage and feeds on human corpses. Its expert climbing skills make shooting its weak points -- its four paws - a challenge.
- Main article: The House of the Dead III
In a post-apocalyptic 2019, AMS agent Thomas Rogan went missing after raiding the EFI Research Facility for the source of world's collapse. Two days later, on October 31st, Rogan's 20-year-old daughter Lisa and his former partner G searched for him in the building.
During their mission, the two were locked in Fool's cage. They ultimately killed the creature, which stumbled, lost its grip and fell into the abyss below.
Despite being a sloth, Fool is agile, using its elongated claws to grasp its cage and slash victims. It lives on a diet of flesh and blood, and can rattle its cage to drop human corpses on its prey. The creature's paws are vulnerable to damage; shooting them causes Fool to lose its grip and briefly stop attacking.
- Fool will simply charge at the players while crawling along the wall of the cage. One of Fool's front paws will be his weak point; aim for it and shoot accurately before it has a chance to get close. The cancel bar needs to be depleted for at least 3 times.
- After a few seconds lull, Fool begins circling the other direction, swinging its body along with its three good claws. The weak point will be one of its hind claws; as before, shoot away. The cancel bar needs to be depleted for at least 2 times.
- Just after it is defeated, it growls, then rattles the entire cage players are in, before bodies are then dropped. Quickly shoot them all down.
- Fool will repeat phase 2 but the cancel bar needs to be depleted for at least 3 times. Its weak point is its remaining hind paw.
- After losing three paws, Fool will now use another arm and do cross climbing. In this attack, the claw to shoot will be in heavy alternating motion with its other claw, so it's pretty easy to miss. Follow as much as possible and shoot it as accurately. If it manages to get close, it will be too late to stop a slash attack. The cancel bar needs to be depleted for at least 3 times.
- Fool will repeat phase 3.
- Fool's will charge itself up, before making a great leap towards players attempting a slash. To counter, quickly shoot down the claw which will be used for attack, while mid-air. This is the hardest claw to target, yet it is the weakest claw, health-wise. Six shots (twelve for 2 player mode) is required to disrupt this attack. Also, shooting at Fool during each lull deals chip damage.
- If one is to look closely, Fool clips through the stair support beams while in pursuit.
- Fool drops corpses (supposedly shaken loose from hooks) onto G and Lisa during the battle, but the cage you fight it in has no roof.
- The boss battle with Fool is the only battle in game where a green crosshair is present to indicate its weak spots; its claws. It is present supposedly so that players do not get confused over which claw is the one to weaken per sequence.
- If Fool is put off until stage 4, and the player does well throughout the game, Thornheart will appear in the ending to retrieve a mysterious vial from the site of the final battle.