Forever Entertainment S.A. is a Polish game developer and publisher based in Gdynia, Poland. Founded in 2010, it has two sister companies: Madman Theory Games, also in Poland; and NCM Entertainment Corp. in Japan. They are the publisher and co-producer of the upcoming 2021 rail shooter The House of the Dead: Remake and its sequel, The House of the Dead 2: Remake.
Forever Entertainment was founded by Zbigniew Dębicki in 2010. The company developed and published low-budget game series, including the Miś Uszatek children's game series; the Frederic rhythm game series; and the Sparkle arcade-logic series. Later titles, such as the 2017 science fiction adventure game Hollow, had higher production value. Forever Entertainment also handled console ports, such as those for Fear Effect Sedna in 2018.
The company began hosting projects for external entities, growing into one of the largest game publishers for the Nintendo Switch console. Some notable Switch titles include Thief Simulator and Green Hell.
In 2019, Forever Entertainment began plans to remake several 1990s "cult" games. The first, released in 2020 for various platforms, was Panzer Dragoon: Remake, a remaster of Sega's 1995 rail shooter Panzer Dragoon. A remake of the game's sequel under the name Panzer Dragoon Zwei: Remake is in development, as well as a remake of the 2000 action-adventure game Fear Effect, titled Fear Effect: Reinvented. The company plans to release "at least" four remakes in 2021, along with three ports and self-made games.
On March 1st, 2021, Forever Entertainment announced that they have signed an agreement to produce remakes for Square Enix Japan.
The House of the Dead remakes
On September 25th, 2019, Forever Entertainment, in cooperation with subsidiaries MegaPixel Studio and TA Publishing, signed an agreement with SEGA Holding Co., Ltd. to develop remakes of The House of the Dead and The House of the Dead 2. Both will be titled The House of the Dead: Remake and The House of the Dead 2: Remake, respectively. A month after this was reported by Polish news site Graczposolita, the company confirmed the agreement on Twitter. The news was allegedly leaked to the public.
In an investor interview, Zbigniew Dębicki indicated that Forever Entertainment plans on releasing three sequels a year between 2021-2022, including The House of the Dead: Remake. On January 22, 2021, the company tweeted that the House of the Dead remakes are still in development. The House of the Dead: Remake was officially revealed on April 14th, 2021, and will reportedly be released later this year.
Forever Entertainment reportedly also has a contract to release The House of the Dead: Remake on Google Stadia. The Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Epic Game Store, and Steam have also been listed as platforms.
- "Forever Entertainment S.A" (English). mobygames.com. “Forever Entertainment is a Polish development and publishing studio founded in 2010 and based in Gdynia. It owns the daughter companies NCM Entertainment Corp. (Japan) and Madman Theory Games (Poland)...”
- "raport firmy FOREVER ENTERTAINMENT S.A." (Polish). Biznes.pap.pl (September 25th, 2019).
- "Forever Entertainment S.A." (Polish). GRYOnline.pl. Retrieved on February 2, 2021.
- "Forever Entertainment założył spółkę inwestycyjną, liczy na ‚wyjątkowy’ rok" (Polish). StockWatch.pl (February 24, 2021).
- "Forever Entertainment ma umowę ze Square Enix na stworzenie kilku remaków" (Polish). Biznes.pap.pl (March 1, 2021).
- Michał Król (September 25th, 2019). "Polacy stworzą remake dwóch części The House of the Dead" (Polish). Gramposolita.pl. “The House of the Dead: Remake i The House of the Dead 2: Remake będą mieć nową, dostosowaną do współczesnych standardów grafikę oraz lekko zmodyfikowaną rozgrywkę, ale w pełni zachowają oryginalny scenariusz. Spółka zapowiedziała, że materiały z pierwszej z gier zostaną zaprezentowane w najbliższych miesiącach.”
- Forever Entertainment [@ForeverEntert] (October 3, 2020). Forever Entertainment on Twitter: "Hi Guys! We confirm the signing of the agreement regarding remakes of the games "The House of the Dead" and "The House of the Dead 2". No platforms or release dates have been confirmed, and unfortunately we can’t say anything more for now. Please keep fingers crossed for us and.." / Twitter. Twitter. Archived from the original on February 10, 2020.
- "106 - Benjamin Anseaume from Forever Entertainment" (English). The SEGA Lounge (March 19, 2020). Retrieved on July 21, 2020.
- "Czat inwestorski z prezesem zarządu Forever Entertainment SA". “Forever Entertainment S.A. jest wiodącym na całym świecie producentem i wydawcą gier wideo na konsolę Nintendo Switch.Spółka ma 10-letnie doświadczenie w zakresie produkcji i wydawania gier na wszystkie dostępne platformy. Przygotowuje także produkcje gier na konsole najnowszej generacji, które wejdą do sprzedaży do końca 2020.”
- Forever Entertainment [@ForeverEntert] (January 22, 2021). Forever Entertainment on Twitter: "Forever Entertainment on Twitter: "@Her_Reidiance Yes, we still do! It's still in development! Follow us to be up to date with any news about the games! 😉" / Twitter" / Twitter. Twitter.
- Wen, Alan (April 14, 2021). "‘The House of the Dead: Remake’ announced for Nintendo Switch" (English). MNE.
- "THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details" (English). Nintendo.
- "Forever Entertainment wyda grę 'The House of The Dead: Remake' na Google Stadia [Forever Entertainment is releasing 'The House of the Dead: Remake' for Google Stadia]" (Polish). Forsal.pl (April 27th, 2020).
- "RAPORT ROCZNYZA ROK OBROTOWY 2019 [ANNUAL REPORT FOR THE 2019 FINANCIAL YEAR]" (Polish). Biznes (March 20, 2020). Retrieved on October 29, 2020.