Is it really over? Was I really right? Someday... until the answer is found...Gary Stewart[src]
Gary Stewart (ゲイリー・スチュワート Geirī suchuwāto ) is a rookie agent of the now-defunct American government organization AMS. He was assigned with partner James Taylor to investigate an unnamed city, which was infested with biologically-engineered creatures in 2000.
Gary Stewart was born in 1976. He joined the AMS in 1999. Despite his inexperience, he put full effort into his job; though his actions were sometimes reckless and concerned fellow agent James Taylor.
- Main article: The House of the Dead 2
Gary and James Taylor were sent to neutralize a new undead threat on February 26th, 2000. They defeated the duo Judgment and the fish-like Hierophant before meeting up with two other agents, Harry Harris and Amy Crystal.
They then found out that the incident was organized by an individual named Caleb Goldman, who used the same technology that the main antagonist of The House of the Dead, Dr. Curien, used to create his mutants. The former was a financier of Curien's research, who later used the doctor's work to perpetuate his city-wide attack.
Gary and James, after separating from Amy and Harry after a sinister phone call from Goldman asking the agents to meet him at the coliseum, ventured through a system of underground tunnels to get there. Along the way they encountered Tower, a huge multi-headed snake beast which had already killed a large number of civilians.
After Tower's defeat, they arrive at the coliseum to discover Goldman taunting them on a large screen, and find Amy and a critically injured Harry trapped with a chainsaw-wielding mutant monikered Strength. After defeating the mutant, Harry gives the agents a key to a car they could use to get to Goldman's headquarters.
After encountering Judgment and Hierophant again and destroying them once again, they are waylaid outside the headquarters by Magician, who had been resurrected by Goldman. This time, however, the agents have the advantage because they know the mutant's weak points, which Thomas Rogan and G learned earlier.
They travelled to the top floor of the building and confront Goldman. Goldman then unleashed his magnum opus, Emperor, who was made to created to rule over humanity. James and Gary defeat the creature after a long fight and Goldman commits suicide by falling off the roof of his headquarters.
Gary, standing alongside a placated James, asks the agent if they did the right thing. James, not sure of the final outcome, announces that they must "find the answer by [themselves]". Gary stands by as James bids farewell to Goldman, and the two leave the building.
- Gary wields a IMI Desert Eagle.
- His appearance is similar to Leon S. Kennedy of the Resident Evil series.
- Coincidentally, a fictional FBI agent named Murphy (portrayed by Josh Greene) from the B-movie horror film called Spiders (2000), strongly resembles Gary with his suit on.
- Gary is named after the late singer Gary Stewart.
- He is the agent shown on the boss mode of The House of the Dead 2
- He is the only one besides Curien that says Magician's name, if the player plays as him on single player after defeating the Magician he says, "You're the only one who's gonna get defeated, Magician!"
- Gary appears in Loving Deads: The House of the Dead EX as a cameo in Chapter 3's Detective Zobiko
- Much like G before him, Gary's pistol in The House of the Dead 2 is much quieter than James', despite not having any visible suppressors or using a different cartridge.
- Gary makes a cameo in The House of the Dead 4, where he is shown standing next to James pointing his revolver at Goldman in the CEO's office.