We confirmed a large number of creatures appearing in a house. Your mission this time is to rush to the place and annihilate the creatures.Tokyo Joypolis official website (English)[[src]]
House of the Dead-Scarlet Dawn-THE ATTRACTION (ハウス・オブ・ザ・デッド ～スカーレット・ドーン～ THE ATTRACTION Hausu Obu za deddo 〜 sukāretto dōn 〜 THE ATTRACTION ) is a horror-themed shooting attraction produced and released by Sega. It is a spin-off to House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn.
THE ATTRACTION was announced in March 2020 as an exclusive ride at the Joypolis arcade in Yokohama, Japan; its release was delayed to June 13 after Joypolis closed during the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic.
THE ATTRACTION is a theater-type ride with seat vibration, air effects, a surround sound system, and "ultra-large" LED displays. Up to 12 players may simultaneously compete for score, shooting creatures and ultimately "a big boss". The experience is approximately 10 minutes long.
According to Japanese players on Twitter, THE ATTRACTION has no new story elements in the matter of The House of the Dead 4 Special; rather, it is a repackaging of the Scarecrow Manor (prologue) and Annex levels from the original Scarlet Dawn, with Chariot serving as the end boss.
On January 22nd, 2020, Joypolis announced on Twitter that their House of the Dead 4 Special cabinet would be closing on February 2nd. Its replacement, House of the Dead-Scarlet Dawn-THE ATTRACTION, was revealed just over two weeks later with a release date of March 19, 2020. The release was pushed back to the following day due to the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic, with Joypolis originally set to reopen March 31st. However, it was closed for three months before reopening in June 12.
As of June 13th, 2020, THE ATTRACTION was officially opened to the public. In-game screenshot depicts creatures in what appears to be an area of Scarlet Dawn's first level. There are also four different-colored flames, which represent gunfire from the multiple players.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://twitter.com/TokyoJoypolis/status/1271261461952622595
- ↑ "「ハウス・オブ・ザ・デッド」最新作がアトラクション化。動く座席や振動，風などギミック満載で，東京ジョイポリスにて3月19日より稼働" (Japanese). 4Gamer.net (February 20, 2020). Archived from the original on March 26, 2020. Retrieved on May 21, 2020.
- ↑ "ハウス・オブ・ザ・デッド ～スカーレット・ドーン～ THE ATTRACTION（2nd Floor） | アトラクション | 東京ジョイポリス" (Japanese). Tokyo Joypolis. Archived from the original on May 21, 2020.
- ↑ 東京ジョイポリス [@TokyoJoypolis] (January 22, 2020). 東京ジョイポリス on Twitter: "「ザ ハウス オブ ザ デッド4 スペシャル」稼働終了まで、残りわずかポリ。。。😱 2020年2月2日（日）までなので是非遊びに来るポリ‼️‼️" (Japanese). Twitter. Archived from the original on May 13, 2020.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TokyoJoypolis/status/1230311490021773314
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TokyoJoypolis/status/1238044950652006400
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TokyoJoypolis/status/1271694956898291712
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TokyoJoypolis/status/1273788101215703040
|The House of the Dead games|
|Main series||The House of the Dead (remake) · 2 · III · 4 (Special) · Scarlet Dawn|
|Spin-offs||Zombie Revenge · The Typing of the Dead (2 · Overkill) · The Pinball of the Dead · English of the Dead · The House of the Dead: Overkill (Extended Cut) · EX · Darts of the Dead · Scarlet Dawn (Battle Genesis · THE ATTRACTION)|
|Prototypes||The House of the Dead (arcade prototype · Sega Saturn prototype) · 2 (Original Sin prototype) · Scarlet Dawn (location test builds)|
|Compilations||2 & 3 Return|
|Mobile games||Mobile · Nightmare · Zombie Utsu: Flick of the Dead · Overkill: The Lost Reels|
|Non-HOD games||Vampire Night · Sega Golden Gun · Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing|
|Developers||Sega · Namco · Forever Entertainment · MegaPixel Studio · TA Publishing|
|Staff||Takashi Oda · Benjamin Anseaume · Zbigniew Dębicki|