Mother fuck! ... What does a brother have to do to pacify a bitch!? I'm telling you G, I've tried my best with her. God, be my witness! I have shown respect, charm, under-fucking-standing. But that is the last fuckin' straw!Isaac Washington to Agent G during the level Carny.[src]
Detective Isaac Washington is one of the main protagonists and playable characters of The House of the Dead: Overkill. Out to avenge the murder of his father at the hands of Papa Caesar, he teamed with rookie AMS agent G to battle a mutant outbreak in Bayou City, Louisiana.
Detective Washington is capable of fighting unarmed by himself. He finds himself partnering up with G with the mutual goal of taking down Caesar.
He is extremely rude, foul-mouthed, and trigger-happy, punching a government agent within seconds of meeting him, and loves the "f-bomb" expletive, using it practically for every other word. He often threatens people with "ripping their pussy/dick off", even if they have a lack of it. His pride is his (short-lived) car and in his music, and hates philosophy.
Isaac Washington is modeled after American rapper and actor Common. His voice actor, Anthony Aroya, believes that he auditioned for Papa Caesar before being chosen as Isaac. While Aroya had prior experience with the House of the Dead arcade series, he did not play the games to prepare for the role. He was directed to stick with the script.
When asked how he interprets the character, Aroya replied that he has wondered if Isaac's profanity was the result of his upbringing, or "a mask to cover up some kind of insecurity or short coming that he can’t or doesn’t want to address". He also expressed interest in playing Isaac again if given the chance.
- In the game he says in every episode in Overkill "Motherfucker!" yet, ironically, doesn't say it about an actual mother fucker (as G comments on in the end game).
- Washington acquires a fear of going into elevators after several elevator-related hazards during the game.
- Due to how many times Isaac swears in the game(Combined with the rest of the cast), Overkill has won the number 1 position of "Most Curses ever said in a Video Game" with a total of 202 swears.
- On the template of his car, the letters and numbers form B4D - A55. A play on the term, BAD - ASS. This is only seen in the PS3 version.
- ↑ Brown, Mark (February 12, 2009). "The Making of...The House of the Dead: Overkill" (English). Britishgaming.com. Archived from the original on March 22, 2020. “...Washington is cosmetically based on Common”, an American rapper and actor, known for over-the-top action flicks such as Wanted and Smoking Aces, while G is a mish-mash of straight up, enigmatic and professional agents; “Keanu Reaves from Point Break” is one of his influences. Varla Guns is based on Parisian model Vikki Blows and “Papa Caesar is Burt Reynolds.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Kori (April 23, 2012). "WOTD Interview with Anthony Aroya, the voice behind Issac Washington" (English). The Website of the Dead. Archived from the original on May 6, 2017.