Rikiya Busujima (りきや ぶすじま Busujima Rikiya ) is a Japanese agent of the Home Office Special Affairs Division. He is one of the three playable characters in Zombie Revenge.
You're not afraid of dying, are you?Rikiya Busujima[src]
A man whose past is shrouded in mystery, he met AMS agents Stick Breitling and Linda Rotta while investigating the source of a mysterious evil. At 32 years old, his mastery of hand-to-hand combat has made him more dangerous with his fists than with a gun. Although he speaks Japanese, Stick and Linda's understanding of the language allows them to communicate together.
Busujima joins Stick and Linda in their hunt for ZED, who has spread a lethal virus throughout Woodside City that has turned the local populace into zombies. Despite his appearance and skills in combat, Busujima exhibits a calm and keen mind and is the most composed of the agents. He appears to have no fear of death, and even takes a moment to admire the moon after a deadly fight. At the game's end, he stops Stick from expressing his shame from his father, reminding him that his actions are in the past.
- Busujima's appearance has led players to question whether he is part zombie, cyborg, or genetically enhanced through other means, and whether it explains his more powerful moves that end in explosions.
- Busujima's third outfit, exclusive to the Dreamcast's Original Mode, has him in a biker jacket.
- Statues of Rikiya Busujima and Stick Breitling were created in order to promote the game in Japan.
- Busujima's gun appears to be a .475 Wildey Magnum, a gun that was featured in the movie Death Wish 3.
- Rikiya Busujima appears in the Sega-Capcom-Namco crossover game Project X Zone, appearing in his alternate outfit. He not only represents the only House of the Dead related character to appear in the game, but it also makes him the only character from Zombie Revenge to appear in more than one game.