(Takashi Oda's universe)
I'm tired of people close to me being a victim.Ryan to Kate Green.[src]
Ryan Taylor (ライアン・テイラー Raian Teirā ) is the brother of the late James Taylor, and a rookie agent of the now-defunct American government organization AMS. Guided by fellow agent Kate Green, he investigated a plot to decimate humanity with biologically-engineered creatures in Scarecrow Manor. He is one of the main protagonists of House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn.
2006 Scarecrow Manor investigation
- Main article: House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn
On December 6, 2006, Ryan was dispatched for an undercover investigation of "Code R" at Scarecrow Manor, with agent Kate Green joining him. After the owner unleashed creatures upon reception guests, the agents battled through the manor. Among the creatures they defeated were Chariot, Hangedman, and High Priestess. Ryan feared that he would die like James.
Ryan and Kate found evidence revealing that the owner, Thornheart, was affiliated with Goldman and Dr. Curien, and is devising a scheme named "Noah's Ark". The agents confronted Thornheart in a church, but he escaped as a massive creature, Moon, emerged. Realizing that Moon was impervious to gunfire, Ryan impaled it with a giant metal rod, causing the creature to be fatally struck by lightning. Kate told Ryan that this was James himself intervening from the dead.
Shortly after, Ryan told Kate that he is tired of people close to him being victimized. Kate reminded him of James' motto: "No sacrifices anymore. It's too late for regrets. Something like that."
Although courageous, Ryan is at times naive and reckless, often quipping at the creatures (such as calling Chariot "big boy"). He is more somber over James' death, expressing frustration that people close to him have been victimized. He fears sharing a similar fate.
Ryan has short black hair and hazel-blue eyes. He wears a white shirt with long sleeves, a black/gray waist jacket, a black tie with gold stripes, black leather gloves, navy-blue pants and black shoes.
Scarlet Dawn's development team experimented with a variety of clothing designs for Ryan. They ultimately settled on the tuxedo because they felt it made him look realistic, while also establishing him as a hero.
- In Scarlet Dawn's Japanese location test, Ryan's voice was different compared to the final version of the game. However, some dialogue from the original location test is still used in the final version.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 ハウス・オブ・ザ・デッド ～スカーレットドーン～ | HOUSE OF THE DEAD ～SCARLET DAWN～ | セガ (Japanese). Archived from the original on May 25, 2020. “数年前の事件で命を落とした兄ジェームズの実弟兄を尊敬し、同じくAMSのエージェントとなった。今回の任務でケイトとパートナーを組み、兄の仕事ぶりを知ることとなる。”
- ↑ The House of the Dead 4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn
- ↑ https://youtu.be/BWJzQEHV6a4
- ↑ UE4をベースにHoudiniも活用！ アーケード人気シリーズ最新作『HOUSE OF THE DEAD ～SCARLET DAWN～』 | 特集 | CGWORLD.jp (Japanese) pp. 1-3. CGWORLD.jp (October 10, 2018). Archived from the original on October 2, 2019. “パーティ会場がゲーム開始時の舞台なため、主人公であるライアンとケイトはタキシードとドレスを着用している。彼らの個性を出すためジャケットの着脱やアーミースタイルなどの案もあったが、「タキシードのままの方が事件に巻き込まれた感じが出る」ということで、ライアンは【画像左】の右側のデザインの方向性で進めることになった。あくまでも「実際にいそうな人物だが、主人公として目立つ」ということが重要だったという。”
- ↑ Chariot boss fight cutscene (location test)