(Main series and Spin-offs)
That thing is getting closer! Hurry!
Type-1210, codenamed "The Empress" (エンプレス, En puresu), was an agile assassin-like creature wielding a double-ended chainsaw. It[note 1] is the third boss of The House of the Dead 4 and the spin-off Loving Deads: The House of the Dead EX.
The Empress could slice apart the environment (and victims) with its chainsaw, which also deflects bullets. Its weak point was its eyes.
- Main article: The House of the Dead 4
AMS agents James Taylor and Kate Green battled the outbreak underground, trying to reach the surface after discovering a plot to launch nuclear missiles. While taking the subway to an underground shopping district, The Empress ambushed them on the train. Upon defeat, the creature fell through an open doorway onto the opposite track, where another speeding train ran it over.
The House of the Dead 4
The Empress is a large, armored, blue-skinned creature with glowing-red eyes. Its double-ended chainsaw can be pulled apart into two separate chainsaws. With the exception of its eyes, the creature's body is invulnerable to gunfire.
Despite the chainsaw's size, The Empress can make great leaps and bounds as well as cling to surfaces.
Loving Deads: The House of the Dead EX
The Empress is the boss of the third Chapter. She pursues Zobio and Zobiko in a subway. The boss fight is a mini-game in which players use the cabinet's footpetal to dodge obstacles and the Empress' attacks.
The Empress fight in a similar fashion to Strength from The House of the Dead 2's fourth Chapter. Both are chainsaw wielding assassins that ruthlessly pursue the player(s) through a scripted trajectory, using their speed, durability, and the power of their weapons to brutally attack. However, the fight with The Empress is also filled with obstacles that must be overcome, such as creatures that block the path when The Empress is pursuing.
While fast and persistent, The Empress can either be challenging or fairly easy depending on the ability for the player(s) to keep their aim accurate.
- Empress will surprise the agents on the train by cutting off the back wall and leaping into the train. As James and Kate run to the door connecting to another car, a door The Empress just cut off will be launched towards the agents and traps them against a wall. The player(s) must complete a Quick Time Event to avoid being slashed by The Empress.
- Creatures will be blocking the path, so shoot these down as soon as possible to avoid taking damage from them. The agents will run forward before turning around to face The Empress again. Finish this phase to allow the agents to run into the next car.
- The agents will turn to their right to see another train full of creatures pacing theirs. Shoot the ones holding axes to avoid taking damage. The other creatures possess no threat, however, the player(s) could shoot them down for points. The agents will move forward again before turning to face The Empress. The creature will begin ripping apart chairs and other shrapnel that will launch towards the player(s) and cause damage if not shot at quickly. Keep shooting at The Empress' weak point to end this phase. It will allow the agents to move forward again.
- When in the next car, the agents will looks up only to see The Empress standing on the roof of the train and sawing it away, her chainsaw sticking through the roof and pointing downward towards the agents below. The agents will move slowly backwards with The Empress coming closer. Shoot her weak point to end this phase.
- She will disappear briefly before the agents attempt to progress forward, only to be blocked by The Empress' chainsaw sawing through the left side of the train, getting close to them once again. As she moves closer, shoot her weak point through the broken windows to end this phase.
- The agents will turn behind to see that The Empress leap to the right side of the train. It will then begin sawing through the wall again. As before, keep shooting its weak point to end this phase, that will allow the agents to move into the next car.
- Empress will cut down part of the ceiling and fall into the car. It will swing its arms frantically around, attempting to hit the player(s) with the butt of its chainsaws. It will repeat this phase two more times and it will do so until it is killed.
- The Empress provides plenty of pauses in its boss fight where the player(s) can hit its weak point while it isn't attacking. Take advantage of these times.
- Some of The Empress' more powerful attacks can be quickly cut short if the player(s) keep shooting at its eyes.
- If conserving health, the only creatures that need to be shot in the train across are the two Jimmys that throw their axes as weapons. The rest will stand idly and do no harm.
- The alchemical symbol for Venus can be found on Empress' chest armor and on its chainsaw. This symbol is associated with femininity, love, and beauty, qualities also assigned to The Empress tarot card.
|The House of the Dead||Chariot • Hangedman • Hermit • Magician|
|2||Judgment • Hierophant • Tower • Strength • Magician • Emperor|
|III||Death • Fool • Sun • Wheel of Fate|
|4 / 4 Special||Justice (4 and 4 Special) • The Lovers • The Empress • Temperance • The Star • The World • Magician (4 Special only)|
|Scarlet Dawn||Chariot • Hangedman • High Priestess • Moon|
|Overkill / Extended Cut||Jasper • Coco and Sindy (Extended Cut only) • Screamer • Nigel and Sebastian • Meat Katie (Extended Cut only) • Crawler • Lobber • Brutus • Mother|
|Zombie Revenge||UDS-03 • Warm Hedlin & Shell Hedlin • UDS-05 • UDS-02 • UDS-07 ("Nikelle") • UDS-06B • UDS-TP II 00 & UDS-TP II 01 • UDS-03 ("Neclien") • UDS-04C • ZED • Black Magician Type 01|
|Vampire Night||Bathe'lemy • Guillaume • Rauoul • Diane • Auguste|
|Sega Golden Gun||Zhang Jiao • Gao Qiu • Da Ji • Dark Emperor|