The House of the Dead (ザ・ハウス・オブ・ザ・デッド Za Hausu obu za Deddo ) is a horror media franchise owned by Sega.
The main video game series, directed by Takashi Oda, consists of rail shooters for arcades and home consoles. It began with the 1996 release of The House of the Dead, which has been followed by several sequels. Numerous spin-offs also exist -- often with different storylines -- with little involvement by Oda in development.
The franchise involves the creation of hostile biologically-engineered lifeforms by scientists, bioterrorists, and other shadowy entities, who then mastermind incidents for varying reasons. Opposing them are human survivors, most commonly agents of a government organization known as AMS.
List of Games
- The House of the Dead
- The House of the Dead 2
- The House of the Dead III
- The House of the Dead 4
- The House of the Dead 4: Special
- House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn
- The House of the Dead: Overkill
- The Typing of the Dead
- The Typing of the Dead 2
- The Pinball of the Dead
- English of the Dead
- The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
- Loving Deads: The House of the Dead EX
- SEGA Superstars
- SEGA Superstars Tennis
- Sonic & SEGA ALL-Stars Racing
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
- Main article: List of characters
There have been many characters throughout the House of the Dead series. The recurring characters are: