Come... You must prove yourself in a test of strength... This was Goldman's parting wish.The Star to James Taylor and Kate Green.[src]
Type-0001, codenamed "The Star" (スター Sutā ), was a levitating sword-wielding humanoid. He was created by Caleb Goldman to serve in a posthumous 2003 outbreak. He is the fifth boss in The House of the Dead 4, as well as the second boss in Loving Deads: The House of the Dead EX.
The Star is a pale, blank-eyed humanoid dressed in a red trench coat. He dual wields butterfly swords and features a large scar on his chest. During the battle, he flies around the foyer of Goldman's headquarters in a purple aura.
His attacks initially involve charging his swords with energy, before either slashing players (in front or from above) or launching a volley of energy projectiles. At low health, he will attempt to spin violently into players like a tornado.
Initially, the Star's sole weak point is his chest scar. As the fight continues, however, his hood is destroyed and exposes his head for damage as well.
The Star was one of several creatures unleashed by the late Caleb Goldman, the financier of Dr. Curien's research, in a posthumous 2003 outbreak. Goldman sought using the creatures to counteract human overpopulation, thus protecting nature.
AMS agents James Taylor and Kate Green investigated the outbreak. Upon learning of Goldman's responsibility -- and his plan to launch nuclear missiles worldwide -- they drove to his headquarters. The Star met them in the foyer of the building, challenging them to a "test of strength", per Goldman's "parting wish" ; upon defeat, it exploded, injuring James in the process.
The Star also appears in Loving Deads: The House of the Dead EX, where he is depicted as a theater actor and speaks in French. He was sent by his master, Dr. Curien, to capture Zobio and Zobiko,
In this comical spin-off, the Star is portrayed as a French-speaking, narcissistic stage actor. Dr. Curien sent him to capture Zobio and Zobiko, with whom he was romantically attracted to. He ambushes them in a theater, attacking with bats and mechanical claws. After his defeat, the Star apologized to Zobiko, only to be met with a slap in the face.
He continued following the pair until Dr. Curien's final creation, the World, ambushed them in a trainyard. During their battle, the Star tried to steal Zobiko away, but was foiled by Zobio. As the train cart carrying Zobio and Zobiko fell from the sky having been carried off by the newly-transformed World, the Star rescued them both by holding onto the train while they battled the World.
After the World's defeat, it set itself to self-destruct, destroying everything nearby. The Star once again saved both Zobio and Zobiko from the explosion, only reporting to Dr. Curien about their apparent demise, leaving the two with their newfound freedom.
As the guardian of the World, Star takes great measures to ensure the successful defeat of his opponents. His attacks are fast and various, making for a very challenging pre-final boss fight. His attacks often emulate the nature of his predecessor, Magician, so those who are familiar with the latter's battle phases may have an easier time successfully defeating Star.
However, unlike Magician, Star can be spontaneous, so there is little room for error.
- Star will rise up towards the ceiling and begin swiftly attacking by flying around the player(s) and swooping in for stabs with his butterfly swords. When the player(s) begin doing damage to Star, the creature will star to launch projectiles of purple energy. Shoot these and Star's chest to bring 1/4 of his health bar down. The signifying of this phase' end is when Star's cloak begins bearing noticeable tears.
- Star will summon energy beams to protect himself. He will also start this phase by launching himself into the air before falling swiftly down for a stab attack. He will continue to quickly fly around the player(s) in attempts to perform quick attacks, before flinging more energy projectiles at the player(s). In this phase, he can summon up to eight projectiles. He will perform a combination of these methods of attack before the player brings him down to 1/3 of his health, his cloak torn completely on the bottom and his hood removed from his head, exposing another vulnerable point.
- This is Star's fastest and most frantic phase. Along with summoning projectiles and hurling himself at and around the player, he will begin to chaotically spin his arms while launching energy and lightening from his body. He will do this a multitude of times wile utilizing other previous attacks until he can successfully be killed.
- Star's attacks are prompt: they require the player(s) to always be aware and have correct aim at all times. Star will sometimes leave himself invulnerable after launching projectiles or when flying around to disorient the player, so utilize this time as often as possible to knock out some of his health bar.
- Comparatively speaking, Star is the most human of the boss characters, with equally human weaknesses.
- The Star's appearance, location, type number, and attacks indicate that he is designed as a successor to the Magician.
- In 4, the PDA marks his head as "No Damage (?)". He is the only boss in the game that has a question mark on a "no damage" body part.
- His type number is 0001, making him very similar to Magician and Wheel of Fate (who are Type-0 and Type-0000, respectively), in that they're all humanoid creatures with unique powers.
- Star, along with Judgment, is the only boss to address Goldman by his name.
- ↑ Loving Deads: The House of the Dead EX confirms the Star's gender as male.