Hello! I'm an admin and the current bureaucrat of The Wiki of the Dead.
The House of the Dead was influential on my youth, helping me discover arcades. It has since become one of my all-time video game franchises. I love the gameplay, lore, music, and enemy designs.
I replay the games often in order to get high scores or beat them without dying. Currently, I have performed 1CC (1 credit continue) runs on the arcade version of every mainline House of the Dead game except The House of the Dead 2. I value the franchise and its community.
Outside of that, I'm a college student and writer, and am also pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science. I'd love to make a House of the Dead-style rail shooter, or give feedback/suggestions for any future House of the Dead titles.
As of January 14th, 2021, I have made over 13,000 edits and have contributed at least once every day for a year straight. I'm personally satisfied with the wiki's current state, but with remakes of The House of the Dead and The House of the Dead 2, I'm certain that there will be more work needed.
Hours of Activity
To dedicate more time to schoolwork, my hours on the wiki will be more limited. <schedule to be added>
Best ways to contact me on Discord (either via DMs on the House of the Dead Discord linked here), or leaving a message on my talk page.
My House of the Dead Collection
- The House of the Dead 2 (2 Naomi boards, full wiring harness with power supply, gun board, sound amp, relay, and 2 IO boards)
- House of the Dead (with Artisan DVD promo and manual featuring character information and comments by writer Mark Altman)
- The House of the Dead Dennou Shinan: Dr. Curien no Houkoku Sho (1998)
- The House of the Dead III Perfect Guide (2003)
- Prima's Official Strategy Guide: Zombie Revenge (1999)
- Vampire Night Perfect Guide (2001)
- Zombie Revenge Perfect Guide (1999)
Here's my personal ranking of the main House of the Dead series:
- Moon (Favorite boss in the series. I personally don't mind that it's just a scripted affair...I liken to the ending of a bad horror film, which I find amusing, and also I think the fight's a breath of fresh air after such an intense game. Plus, I like the design.)
- The Empress (Haunting visual and sound design.)
- Justice (Freaky design, also I love how you can toss grenades into his mouth.)
- Magician (Epic boss theme, memorably freaky return in 2, and really tests your reflexes.)
- The Star (Cool design and music)
- Wheel of Fate (Awesome music, great attack varieties and sound design. Pretty intense considering the creature's identity).
- Hangedman (I like how you can either shoot him to quickly end his phases, or deliberately ignore him to shoot more Devilons and score higher points.)
- Consider if an article should be created for the four-page story in The House of the Dead Dennou Shinan: Dr. Curien no Houkoku Sho.
- Overkill's infobox needs staff members listed.
- Unused branching path must be added to HOD1 unused content page.
- Development information and unused content could also be mentioned as trivia in their respective chapter pages. Specifically:
- Add HOD4 creature model images (I don't like the t-poses but just will leave them in for now).
- Properly format references on The House of the Dead: Remake's page.
- Fragments of Silicon's article with The House of the Dead: Remake producers Benjamin Anseaume and Artur Gregozync